Most dating advice only teaches you how to get girls and start relationships. But how to end relationships is actually a very important topic – dating gurus simply don’t want to talk about it because it isn’t the prettiest topic in the dating department. Fortunately, we have identified some strategies to end relationships, so you will be equipped with the right knowledge.
• Have a face-to-face conversation. Don’t break up with your Ukrainian woman on the phone or via text messages on Facebook. That’s just too rude. She has been your girlfriend, so she deserves some basic respect. Unless she is in Ukraine and you are in another country, you should meet her in person and break up with her. Also, when you break up with your girlfriend in writing, chances are these text messages and emails will come back to haunt you later. Some Ukrainian ladies may keep their ex-boyfriends’ text messages and emails for some reason.
• Find the right time and place. Choose a time when the rest of her life is on an even keel. Don’t break up with your Ukrainian girl right after she is fired by her boss, right before she attends her sister’s wedding or when she is on her period. As to the right place, make sure you dump her in a relatively private place. Never dump her in a fancy, crowded café. A good option is to meet her in a park where there aren’t too many people around.
• Keep it short and sweet. Just like pulling off an adhesive Band-Aid, it’s better not to prolong the process. Therefore, making it short and sweet is good for the difficult talk. However, the longer you have been dating this Ukrainian beauty, the more of an explanation you will have to give. You can’t say, “Let’s break up” and then immediately leave her.
• Don’t keep her things at your place. If she has put some of her belongings at your place, make sure you return those to her. Keeping her stuff at your place doesn’t give you extra joy and only makes her life harder. As a result, you would be well-advised to send all her items back to her without her asking you to do so.
• Don’t complain about her after the breakup. Don’t be a drama queen. This is not high school anymore. If you tell your mum, your friends, your co-workers what a horrible girlfriend she is, you never know whether she will know it or not in the future. It’s time to be quiet and relax. If you really need to talk to someone, go to see a psychologist or a life coach should be a better option.
• If you are shocked by her reaction, calm down. No matter what happens, you have to make sure both you and this Ukrainian stunner are safe. If she begins to yell and throw things at you, you need to calm down. Never allow things to get out of control. If necessary, you can tell a trusted friend about it beforehand, so that your friend can come over to see you two at some point during the difficult conversation.